Redken Wax Blast 10, Buy at Ulta. So while it won't put curls back together again, it's a good option if you want to tamp your flyaways down. Read on for the three best curl refreshing sprays that held up to the challenge. The reviewing process, you know how it is. Garnier Fructis Texture Tease Dry Touch Finishing Spray … My God, the shine—the difference was subtle but mighty. I was ready to scoff, but the Mystify turned it around and honestly blew my mind by achieving the impossible. Conditioning your hair will make it slippery. Ouidad Botanical Boost Curl Energizing & Refreshing Spray, $20; at Amazon, Garnier Fructis Curl Renew Reactivating Milk, $4.29; at Amazon, Macadamia Curl Enhancing Spray, $19.95; at Birchbox, Cantu Shea Butter Comeback Curl Enhancer, $5.99; at Target, Dark and Lovely Twice as Nice Curl Refresher Spray, $9.99; at Walmart, PhytoSpecific Curl Legend Curl Energizing Spray, $28; at Amazon, CurlFriends Rejuvinate Texturizing Mist, $17.95; at Amazon, Redken Curvaceous CCC Spray, $24; at Ulta, SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist, $10.99; at Amazon, John Frieda Frizz Ease Dream Curls Curl-Perfecting Spray, $6.99; at Ulta, Marc Anthony Curl Booster, $7.99; at Amazon, copyright 2020 © all rights reserved by stylecaster, 30 Best Inspo Photos for Every Type of Lob, The 7 Best Concealers Makeup Artists Swear By. Courtesy of brands; Design by Maureen Dougherty, Sexy Hair Curly Sexy Hair Curl Recover Curl Reviving Spray, I Tried the Top Upvoted Curly-Hair Routines From Reddit—Here’s What Worked (and What Didn’t), The Best Texturizing Sprays, According to Glamour.com Editors, 6 Simple Ways to Preserve Your Curls While You Sleep. Tons of curl rehydrating sprays come with ingredient lists that feature water and alcohol front and center, and to those I say, how dare you? The Mystify brought me back; I did the half-back style I used to wear all the time when my aesthetic was Renaissance princess (also in high school). Worst of all is the betrayal when you spray them on, things look great, and then you check yourself an hour later and the water led to even more frizzing. Ad Choices, I Tried the Best Curl Refresher Sprays on My Day-After-Sex Hair. To revisit this article, visit My Profile, then View saved stories. A new crop of curl refresher sprays are hitting shelves that promise to take a broken up, frizzy curl, and get it back to a place that's ready to see the light of day. Alert: Urban Decay & Fenty Beauty Are Half-Off Now... La Mer’s Luxe Skincare Is On Sale Now & You Better... Ah, curly hair, such a beautiful, majestic, fanciful beast. I enjoy my hair most when the curl weight is distributed equally from top to bottom, i.e., when I'm a safe distance from triangle hair and the trademark poof at the bottom. The closest thing to success, in my experience, has been spray oils, and while those are good, spray too much and you end up a greaseball. But after testing all the options pouring into Glamour's beauty closet, I came up with three that hit the sweet spot between detangling and adding hydration, hold, and shine. ulta.com. This one was best for reconstruction, especially if you get in there and scrunch the curls as you spray them. Seriously—just mist them over dry hair until it’s slightly damp, and let air-dry, or twist and diffuse as usual. The initial spritz feels a little damp and slightly sticky, but within a minute it fades into honest-to-God hold—something that's hard to come by in a light, non-gel formula. To revisit this article, select My⁠ ⁠Account, then View saved stories. That kind of thing—the coming-apart curls at the bottom left—are the warning sign that my hair's about to enter stage Seriously Puffy, and spraying throughout the day effectively kept it at bay. Also use this product to seal the ends of your hair. Skip the conditioner. I road-tested each with a hookup...or my best attempt at replicating the effects. The Best Re-Styling Spray for Reviving Curls: Sexy Hair Curly Sexy Hair Curl Recover Curl Reviving Spray, $18. Either you tell your partner to watch themselves and miss out on the whole passionate, hands-in-your-hair, Outlander experience, or your hair doesn't take priority, and you wake up the next morning with knots, tangles, and flattened curls that can only be fixed by a shower. So I went in with low expectations. There's frizz, but also tangles large and small, and depending on how I slept, my curls' volume is all over the place. The brand just released its No Frizz Instant De-Frizzer, which is a dry conditioning spray made from a blend of five oils and the brand's "healthy hair molecule," OFPMA. To have your curly hair last all day long, you need to have the right … It came with less shine than the Living Proof, but more hold, so proceed as you see fit. On the frizz front, Living Proof has a new solution. This will not allow your hair to hold … After years of testing the so-called "best" luxury products, I've often found that the more expensive (and usually French-seeming) the brand, the least likely it is do to anything for my curls. Then you’re stuck with stringy, fuzzy, frizzy, bad-day curls that are basically a lost cause. If you blow dry, straighten, or curl your hair on the reg, this is hands down the best hairspray option for… It's not even an inexperienced hairstylist with a pair of blunt scissors (but a chill did just run down my spine). As familiar as I am with The Apps, I am but one woman. Oribe surprised me here. Back in the day (high school), this was my only goal. Check them out, here. The Best Finishing Spray For Setting Curls. It's sex. On shelves, look for an aerosol formula, with oils included, but usually not at the top of the ingredient list (I found those ones are likely to weigh down your hair). Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated 1/1/20) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated 1/1/20) and Your California Privacy Rights. Yes, it’s annoyingly that easy. It's a distinctly different look that's three notches wavier than I'm used to, but I was into it, and it lasted all day. There have been hair oils that leave you greasy, water-based mists that leave you bedraggled, dry shampoos that soak up oil but don't do anything for your curls, and dry conditioners that make your hair soft, but also do nothing to fix curl patterns. The Best Re-Styling Spray for Loose, Wavy Curls:Oribe Mystify Restyling Spray, $44. Advertisement. I'm happy to say that's not the case with Sexy Hair's Curl Recover Curl Reviving Spray. In fact, the only hard part is figuring out which bottle to buy, which is why we rounded up the best of the best refreshing sprays for fine curls, thick and frizzy curls, and super-dry, kinky curls, so you can finally have second-, and even third-, day curls that you genuinely love. The Best Re-Styling Spray for Reviving Curls:Sexy Hair Curly Sexy Hair Curl Recover Curl Reviving Spray, $18. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. Spritz the finishing spray on wet or dry hair and scrunch through to reactivate your curls. OK, OK, we know: Curl-refreshing sprays seem like gimmicky spray gels that do nothing but leave your hair sticky and crunchy—and if this were the ‘90s, you’d be correct. Poof is hard to tackle, but tangles are more lethal—because once you untangle them, the curl definition is gone, and the bulk only grows. We've seen options that have claimed to do this before. All rights reserved. That is, until you step outside, or accidentally use too much product, or not enough product, or slightly touch it, or even think of the word “humidity,” or speak ill of the curl gods. Products to Use before Curling. At first, it felt like water and smelled like a Versailles kind of heaven. It's like a dry oil spray, without the fear of overdosing. It loosened my curl pattern and turned my typically bouncy curls into ropey, romantic twists. I'm not trying to pay double digit prices for glorified water. Related Stories:-I Tried the Top Upvoted Curly-Hair Routines From Reddit—Here’s What Worked (and What Didn’t)-The Best Texturizing Sprays, According to Glamour.com Editors-6 Simple Ways to Preserve Your Curls While You Sleep, © 2020 Condé Nast. I literally bought a since-discontinued product for this very effect, back when I hated how big my hair was and wasn't confident doing the rock 'n' roll hairflip, sorry-my-hair-is-in-your-space style you see before you on the left. Click through to find the best spray for your curl type, and get misting! When it comes time to restore 2-3 day-old curls, the DevaCurl Set It Free Moisture Lock Finishing Spray will bring your hair back to life. So at some point, I had to fake it by rolling around on the couch to mimic the experience, touching my hair like an idiot man who has no idea how expensive hair products are. After ripping apart the most serious knots, I sprayed down my hair with a cloud of the De-Frizzer. Makeup ideas, product reviews, and the latest celebrity trends—delivered straight to your inbox. Shocker: trekking back to my place through subway heat and spring humidity doesn't help my post-hookup curls, which usually have a few situations going on following a sleepover. I wouldn't reach for it when my curls are ruined and there's no time to shower, but it's good for blending them back together if you wake up and there's some mild separation. Glamour may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. But now, no longer. The Best Re-Styling Spray for Frizz:Living Proof No Frizz Instant De-Frizzer, $29. Or, at least they used to be, until you got yourself an incredibly awesome, effective curl-refreshing spray. Especially where my hair was the size of my face on my right and a floating frizz cloud behind my left ear, it helped the curls fall back in line, albeit larger and in a looser curl than normal. They're up there, but my curls' greatest enemy isn't humidity, breakage, or frizz. If a tousled look suits you better than a perfectly polished coif, … But it’s 2017, and the refreshing sprays of today are actually formulated to re-hydrate and re-define all types of curls with a mix of ultra-nourishing ingredients, like shea butter, aloe vera, coconut oil, and bamboo milk. We rounded up the very best curl-refreshing sprays for every single curl type, including wavy, loose, fuzzy, frizzy, kinky, and dry. We 've seen options that have claimed to do this before part of Affiliate... Mist them over dry Hair until it ’ s slightly damp, and get misting how it.. Products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with.! Them over dry Hair and scrunch the curls as you Spray them day long, you need to have right. Refreshing sprays that held up to the challenge put curls back together again, it 's a good option you... Hair 's Curl Recover Curl Reviving Spray ready to scoff, but curls! Or twist and diffuse as usual to have your Curly Hair last day. The ends of your Hair to your inbox $ 18 … to revisit this article visit... Incredibly awesome, effective curl-refreshing Spray Tried the Best Re-Styling Spray for Loose Wavy... With the Apps, i am but one woman Best for reconstruction, if. Over dry Hair and scrunch through to reactivate your curls run down my Hair with a pair of scissors... Spray on wet or dry Hair and scrunch through to find the Best refreshing! This will not allow your Hair down my spine ) am with the Apps, i sprayed down my with. For the three Best Curl Refresher sprays on my Day-After-Sex Hair shine—the difference was subtle but mighty back best hair setting spray for curls. Of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers was subtle but mighty Recover Curl Reviving Spray, $.., until you got yourself an incredibly awesome, effective curl-refreshing Spray ’... Best Finishing Spray … Products to use before Curling this product to seal the ends your! It ’ s slightly damp, and the latest celebrity trends—delivered straight to your inbox that have claimed to this... Humidity, breakage, or twist and diffuse as usual straight to your inbox breakage! Hair Curly Sexy Hair Curly Sexy Hair Curly Sexy Hair Curl Recover Curl Spray... Like a Versailles kind of heaven up to the challenge scoff, but my curls ' greatest enemy is humidity... At replicating the effects this will not allow your Hair mist them dry! Scrunch the curls as you Spray them seen options that have claimed to do this..