But now? It's been a remarkable season as American Idol began its journey on ABC with judges Katy Perry, Lionel Richie, and Luke Bryan traveling across the country to see auditions from some of the most talented amateur singers in the country. Don’t forget about me. Poppe meanwhile told Billboard she was not sure if she could pull a win off on the day of the finale.

Maddie Poppe is a 20-year-old winner of season 16 of American Idol.

No one deserved it more than you babe.

#americanidol pic.twitter.com/OKYCnIPcLK.
The "American Idol" finale for 2018 ended with a dramatic twist that saw the winner, Maddie Poppe, clinch the title from her boyfriend, Caleb Lee Hutchinson.

@GabbyBarrett_ was clearly supposed to win. Speaking on her career aspirations, Maddie told the publication that music is her true passion: 'I really don't want to pursue anything else or do anything else.

She's from Clarksville, Iowa and is a student. All three were beloved by their respective fans and had a good shot at winning the competition.

As the iconic competition series is whittling down the competition in its 17th season (and second season on ABC), ET is looking back at all the past Idol winners, and where they are now.. 1.

Maddie was visibly emotional after the performance.

Laine Hardy has been crowned the winner for ABC’s 2nd season of American Idol By Christina Dugan May 19, 2019 10:55 PM

I've loved that song since I first heard it and I love the Beach Boys, so that's why I picked that song.'.

Then, at the last moment 19-year-old Hutchinson revealed that he and 20-year-old Poppe were dating, and the couple held hands as host Ryan Seacrest announced the winner, Billboard noted.

This season, Gabby got to meet with Carrie in Nashville and perform one of her songs on the American Idol stage.

Gabby was eliminated part way through the finale on Monday, which came as a shock to fans who believed she had the competition in the bag. When pressed about her relationship to Hutchinson, she added that they did not want it to deflect from their hard work on the show.

I am honored to know you and even more honored to call you mine.

No comments have so far been submitted. Tuesday, 22 May 2018 10:45 AM.

Then, those who earned themselves a coveted Golden Ticket made their way to Hollywood, California and the rigors of the dreaded Hollywood Week.

Hi, welcome to Rydell High.

In 2018, he released his debut album "You Got 'Em All." No one could have seen it coming as the top two finalists stood nervously on stage, waiting to hear who the winner of Idol's inaugural season on ABC would be. The project was released in 2016. No one deserved it more than you babe.

The performance wowed judges and the audience and pushed her through to another week of competition.

I met Joe Biden for an hour to talk about his family business in China and have three phones to prove what... Donald Trump says 'I'm the LEAST racist person in this room' and slams Black Lives Matter while Joe Biden... Melania, Ivanka, Tiffany and the rest of the Trump family FINALLY wear masks as they arrive at the... 'I think we have enough of an interview here.

The song blew the judges away, especially Luke Bryan who said he didn't know the song 'but, like, I wanted to go skipping down a beach'.

The high street salads that do your diet more harm than good - including a... Shop sales rise for FIFTH month in a row: Retailers see 1.5% increase in September with trading now 5.5%... Has Anna Wintour found love, actually? The American Idol reboot premiered in March 2018 on ABC. ‘I don’t understand how Gabby didn’t win American Idol and I’m actually really annoyed right now about it…..Still hoping to hear her on the radio someday,’ One angry Twitter user posted. Don't forget about me.

Keep continuing to shine!

"I wanted to talk about it, because I want people to know that we're together and I'm very proud of our relationship.". But first, they dropped the bombshell that they're actually a couple, shocking the judges and the audience.

In addition to being a great singer, Maddie is a talented instrumentalist. Before appearing on American Idol, Maddie was a student at Iowa Central Community College, which she enrolled in in 2016.

"But it got to a point where we both thought, why not?". 'American Idol is rigged,' One user said.

Gabby Barrett Performs Carrie Underwood's "Last Name".

Nine things left handed people find impossible to use, That's owl folks! I've known her since Hollywood Week, and she actually happens to be my girlfriend.'. ", Caleb Lee Hutchinson and Maddie Poppe's Duet.

The Canadian ace's rise to the top ahead of Wimbledon 2019, Amazon Prime Day 2019: Dates revealed ahead of massive two-day parade of 'non-stop' deals, Venus Williams and boyfriend Nicky Hammond 'call it quits after two years of dating', Finger lickin' spud! The American Idol finalist was then presented with a proclamation from the town's mayor declaring May 15 Maddie Poppe Day.

Read More: 10 famous singers who were rejected by 'American Idol' American. The "American Idol" finale for 2018 ended with a dramatic twist that saw the winner, Maddie Poppe, clinch the title from her boyfriend, Caleb Lee Hutchinson.

Check it out. American Idol 2018 winner Maddie Poppe set herself apart in her audition by performing "Rainbow Connection," and that came full circle in the grand finale when she got to perform it again, this time with Kermit the Frog himself. The 20-year-old Iowa native was crowned the winner after out-singing fellow finalists Caleb Lee Hutchinson and Gabby Barrett. We are no longer accepting comments on this article.

RELATED: Watch night 2 of the American Idol grand finale!

Maddie Poppe recently performed the Beach Boys hit single God Only Knows. ��✨�� You’re a star!!! Congratulations again @maddiepoppe! Me trying to keep it together whilst standing next to the queen herself #americanidol, A post shared by Maddie Poppe (@maddiepoppe) on May 10, 2018 at 4:45pm PDT. 10,000 people came out yesterday just to celebrate this journey with me. She plays guitar, ukulele and keyboard. Out of left field!

Why not be the first to send us your thoughts, It's kinda saying that we drive each other crazy, but I'd be nothing without you. KFC is now offering mashed potato and two more sides, and the fans can't wait to get their hands on it, Raise the roof! During Disney Week on American Idol Season 16, Maddie Poppe performed Bare Necessities from The Jungle Book.

SUCH AN IDOL MADDIE. 'MY GIRLFRIEND WON AMERICAN IDOL!!! So happy I was there to witness your story unfold.

The first was on TV on May 20, 2018.

It's unclear how long they've been dating one another, but they appear to be in love. Celebrate International Owl Awareness Day with these 11 amazing facts about the majestic birds, What's in a name?

The Iowa native and her beau then performed a duet of Somewhere Over The Rainbow. Poppe, who hails from Clarksville, Iowa, won audiences over from the start of the season and has also been a firm favorite of Idol's judge and singing sensation, Katy Perry.
The American Idol finale aired in two separate parts. Will business be booming for the CEO of Milos Raonic Tennis?

During the finale, Caleb told Ryan Seacrest: 'She's my best pal.