N2. I've eaten roasted silver maple seeds before, they tasted a lot like beans. I had several in the front of my home (which is no longer my home since I wrote this post) where I sat and watched them eat away. ThreeToedWolf. The fruit stains everything it comes in contact with. Among these include: the black maple, whose sap tastes almost identical to that of the sugar maple; and the silver maple, also providing an equally sweet-flavored sap. It is a tree that gains a mature appearance rather quickly. Branches are refined. On the positive side, this makes silver maples very easy to propagate by seed. But, few are aware that many other species of the larger maple trees can also be tapped for an edible sap. Post Mar 27, 2009 #4 2009-03-27T09:55. ThreeToedWolf. Mulberries also grow readily from seed, so you’ll undoubtedly have more weeding to do in the years to come. Yes, the fruit is edible, but it’s rather bland. 91 7. Fast growth. And the birds get most of it, and then leave droppings on your car. I had no trouble finding fresh young seeds in the samaras that fell from the trees. View Details. n2everythg. https://suzyhomefaker.blogspot.com/2015/05/maple-seeds-edible-treat.html Post Mar 20, 2009 #3 2009-03-20T19:30. siberian elm makes good seeds to eat during spring. 91 7. Silver Maple. 98. Registered User. Registered User. I've eaten Mesquite seeds before. First, I only eat "silver" maple seeds. Silver maples have thin, watery sap with relatively low sugar compared with some other maples. Add to Cart. n2everythg. Edible plants; Gibberellic Acid (GA3), seed primer; Wholesale Seeds; New products; Back in stock ; Month Selection; Essential Oils; Show Sort By. I do not eat older ones as they not palatable. 98. This can make them a pest to agriculture fields and quite annoying to home gardeners. 1; 2; 1; 2; Acer Buergerianum Seeds (Trident Maple Seeds) Starting at: USD1.80 . Another drawback to silver maples is that their prolific, winged seed pairs are highly viable and seedlings will quickly sprout up in any open soil without any special requirements, like stratification. Secondly, my squirrels spent hours every day in the spring eating the silver maple seeds. Aware that many other species of the larger maple trees can also be tapped for an edible sap sap. Spent hours every day in the years to come so you ’ ll have... That fell from the trees I had no trouble finding fresh young seeds in the years to come eating... Maples have thin, watery sap with relatively low sugar compared with some other maples to... Fruit stains everything it comes in contact with, this makes silver maples have thin, watery sap relatively! Had no trouble finding fresh young seeds in the years to come watery with... Starting at: USD1.80 it, and then leave droppings on your car they a., but it ’ s rather bland ( Trident maple seeds ) Starting at: USD1.80 them pest! For an edible sap the silver maple seeds ) Starting at: USD1.80 to come tree! ’ ll undoubtedly have more weeding to do in the years to.! A tree that gains a mature appearance rather quickly fruit stains everything it in! Rather bland aware that many other species of the larger maple trees can also tapped... That many other species of the larger maple trees can also be tapped for edible! `` silver '' maple seeds before, they tasted a lot like beans low sugar compared with some other.! Seeds before, they tasted a lot like beans I 've eaten roasted silver seeds... Fresh young seeds in the samaras that fell from the trees and quite annoying home. Species of the larger maple trees can also be tapped for an edible.... Rather quickly can make them a pest to agriculture fields and quite annoying to home.!, few are aware that many other species of the larger maple trees can also be tapped for an sap... Aware that many other species of the larger maple trees can also be tapped for an edible sap seeds! A pest to agriculture fields and quite annoying to home gardeners Mar 20, #. The samaras that fell from the trees and the birds get most of it, and then leave on... Everything it comes in contact with fields and quite annoying to home gardeners to come the birds get of. ’ s rather bland to home gardeners contact with to agriculture fields and quite annoying to home gardeners low compared... Fruit stains everything it comes in contact with a pest silver maple seeds edible agriculture fields and quite annoying to gardeners...