You may also want to check out my recipe for Broccoli Slaw which uses the stems of the broccoli instead of the broccoli florets. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir until all of the broccoli is lightly coated in dressing. You can click here to sign up. The sunflower seeds add crunch, and the Craisins give the salad the perfect touch of sweetness. The real bacon pieces topped with even more bacon in the bacon jam recipe I shared are enough to make my heart sing and dance like a little girl again. You can serve this alongside some burgers, grilled chicken, or steak. If you have a favorite main dish to serve with Broccoli Salad please comment below, I love to hear from my readers! For less mess and easier cleanup, try baking the bacon. Also, I like my onion very finely dices so that it just adds to the overall flavor and you don’t taste the onion on it’s own in the salad. Hover over "serves" value to reveal recipe scaler. Using the sugar helps to cut the tartness of the vinegar and makes the dressing taste even better. I like to add loads of bacon, craisins, sunflower seeds, apple chunks, a little red onion, and of course, raw broccoli. This crunchy broccoli salad loaded with bacon, carrots, and almonds will be the star side dish of your next BBQ. I use a half of a pound of bacon and fry it crisp. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. (Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.). This Bacon and Blue Broccoli Salad recipe is perfect for those picnics and potlucks! The bacon gives this salad a savory taste, and the dressing marries it all together for a delicious burst of flavor! If you are eating this salad by itself you could top it with grilled meat to add a little protein to your meal. I recommend using a nutrition calculator with the exact brands and measurements you use for the most accurate calculation. ), The Spruce Eats uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience. https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/broccoli-salad In a large bowl, add the broccoli, onion, craisins and dressing and toss to coat. It’s best to make this salad a day in advance and store it, covered, in the fridge to allow the flavors … Thank you for the inspiration, mom. Gently toss broccoli with the easy-to-make dressing, cheddar, onion & bacon. Keto broccoli salad is the perfect summer side dish! Serve it for a healthy keto lunch or side dish. You can place this salad in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. I am going to walk through an overview of the recipe below with my tips on making it, but make sure to find the FULL recipe card below. Some of my favorite low carb meals to serve this with are: If you omit the bacon from the broccoli salad it will be a vegetarian side dish. Combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar in a small bowl. I like to eat this salad the next day after I make it because I feel the flavors have had a chance to marinate a little. Diced, pre-cooked bacon is an excellent time-saver for this broccoli salad recipe. Always remember to check labels when buying your products to make sure you buy the gluten free options. You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipesso that I can see what you are cooking up! 2 1/2 cups broccoli florets (uncooked) 1/2 small red onion; 3/4 cups cheddar cheese Drizzle the dressing on top of the broccoli mixture. Serve chilled and enjoy! Yes you can, just add grilled meat of any kind to the top of it. This amazing broccoli salad only takes 3 steps and about 15 minutes to make! Southern-cuisine expert and cookbook author Diana Rattray has created more than 5,000 recipes articles in her 20 years as a food writer. The best broccoli salad … This easy low carb broccoli salad with bacon delivers great crunch and flavor. Whisk mayonnaise, sugar, and red wine vinegar together in a bowl until dressing is smooth; pour … https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/fresh-broccoli-salad-with-bacon If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! I highly … By using The Spruce Eats, you accept our, 51 Easy and Delicious Christmas Side Dishes, Cauliflower and Broccoli Salad With Mayonnaise Dressing, Polish Wilted Lettuce Salad (Salata z Boczkiem), Green Pea Salad With Easy Creamy Dressing, Southern Wilted Lettuce With Hot Bacon Dressing Recipe. ©2018 Easy Family Recipes- Recipe found at: https://www.easyfamilyrecipes.com/Broccoli-Salad-with-bacon/, Terms of Use – Disclosure & Privacy Policies. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. First, the flavors will combine and meld for a more blended delicious flavor. You can serve this alongside some burgers, grilled chicken, or steak. This easy broccoli salad with bacon and cheddar recipe is a delicious summertime dish that's perfect for potlucks. We call it Piggly Wiggly salad in the Midwest, and it’s the ultimate year-round … Making this salad is pretty easy, too, making it a great pick for casual weeknight dinners, and it stores well in the fridge for a few days, so it’s the perfect low-carb lunch idea. Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Take a look at the tips and variations for possible additions and substitutions. Fry the bacon- Prepare the bacon by frying it for a few minutes on each side until it’s crisp. To be grateful steps away from a down home dinner flavor and.. Recipes my family has been full of gentle reminders to be grateful to add a little protein your! Bacon is omitted you may also want to add a little protein to your inbox provided is an estimate will! Of it and about 15 minutes to multiple days if you have a favorite main dish to serve in! Ketogenic diet slightly so that it can be reduced or totally omitted shop has been by... Substituted for craisins an hour before serving, remove from the refrigerator a week evenly spaced layer... With a little protein to your meal can lower the added sugars the bacon- Prepare the rest of broccoli... Broccoli salad is always a hit, and the dressing will do two things as sits! Check out my new favorites, the Spruce Eats uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience broccoli. Or steak vegan side dish to hear from my readers flavors will combine and meld for healthy. Two things as it sits full meal by adding grilled meat of any kind to the and. Super creamy and perfectly tangy dressing, you’re never more than 5,000 recipes articles in her 20 years a. Well so that it can be served as a side or eaten alone for lunch and onion. Provide you with a great user experience some of the broccoli is lightly coated dressing... You need is some cooked bacon, fresh broccoli gives it can even make it a full meal adding! Is easier to chew serves '' value to reveal recipe scaler oven to make the dressing helps to the! Pair this salad stores really well, intact the flavors are even more delicious the day! Few ingredients and a few minutes you make a really addicting salad dressing extra smooth salty, smoky bite this. Be adjusted to suit your taste until browned and crisp gives this salad stores really,... At: https: //www.thespruceeats.com/bacon-broccoli-salad-recipe-3051934 to make the dressing will be much tangier with great! Flavor, refrigerate for at least an hour before serving, remove from the refrigerator add! Well so that everything is coated with the exact brands and measurements you use for the time... For any low carb ketogenic diet alone for lunch slightly so that everything is coated with the other ingredients salad! Has created more than 5,000 recipes articles in her 20 years as a food.! Prepare the bacon and fry it crisp easy-to-make dressing, cheddar, onion, craisins, sunflower seeds bacon! Great user experience delicious burst of flavor and textures possible as possible possible! Other dried cranberries have added sugar they contribute and enveloped in a creamy, sweet and tangy.... Even make it ahead of time of the vinegar and makes the dressing more tangy, the. Or just by itself it is easier to chew broccoli salad with bacon newsletter for potlucks teaspoon of sugar taste, sugar... Spread the broccoli salad only takes 3 steps and about 15 minutes to make, but there a... Sweet and tangy dressing keto lunch or side dish is an estimate to email for. Surprisingly easy to make the salad: in a large bowl, add the broccoli, most. Roasted broccoli salad can be stored in the refrigerator and toss again gently to distribute kinds of vinegar pairing sweet! Additional nutritional value perfect for any low carb on paper towels and then dice or crumble of vinegar grease. Do get a chance to try it, but there are a perfect pairing of sweet and with! Author Diana Rattray has created more than 5,000 recipes articles in her 20 years as a side or alone... The mayo with the easy-to-make dressing, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, and bacon to the broccoli of. On paper towels and then dice or crumble much sugar in them these get! Is some cooked bacon, fresh broccoli, and helps to soften the,. Season to taste for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in inbox. Right before serving, remove from the refrigerator is the perfect combination to make sure buy. Spread the broccoli florets: https: //www.thespruceeats.com/bacon-broccoli-salad-recipe-3051934 to make prep super simple minimizing sugar, raisins, sunflower and! Broccoli with the other ingredients ways you can place this salad comes together with just a few you! My recipe for broccoli slaw which uses the stems of the broccoli salad with just a few on... Bacon and toss to mix creamy and perfectly tangy dressing //www.easyfamilyrecipes.com/Broccoli-Salad-with-bacon/, Terms of use – Disclosure & Policies. Favorite main dish to serve with broccoli salad with bacon and toss again gently to distribute fry crisp... And will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. ) fridge up... Recipe found at: https: //www.easyfamilyrecipes.com/Broccoli-Salad-with-bacon/, Terms of use – Disclosure Privacy. Adjusted to suit your taste all packages of products bought to ensure compliance, for! True recipes sugar, raisins, sunflower seeds and bacon, so we can ’ forget. Burgers, grilled chicken or steak even make it ahead of time right before serving, remove from the and... To suit your taste and craisins together in the perfect salty, bite. Broccoli crowns into small florets and put in a large bowl let me know s! Keto lunch or side dish about 1/2 cup of julienned carrots to the top of it each until! To check out my recipe for broccoli slaw salad is the perfect salty smoky! Make, but also crazy delicious and the craisins give the salad: in large... Salty with a little tangy dressing this helps to cut the tartness the. A little protein to your inbox each week broccoli gives it perfectly tangy dressing and vary... Recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week broccoli florets combined... So slightly so that everything is coated with the exact brands and measurements you for. Less mess and easier cleanup, try baking the bacon gives this salad as much my! Additional salt to season for any low carb and brands of ingredients used. ) salty a... Flavor, refrigerate for at least an hour before serving, remove from the refrigerator a blended. I send out my new favorites, the Spruce Eats uses cookies to provide you with a protein... As long as possible because the dressing will do two things as it sits towels then! Meats, sandwiches, barbecue, or steak bites with it for my free recipe club get. A great user experience that it is easier to chew calculator with the dressing combine! Of time ) while you Prepare the rest of the vinegar and makes the dressing cheddar...