Adjectives, which are words that describe nouns or pronouns, can also be used to make comparisons between different nouns or pronouns.. Note also the use of the article the . The degree of adjectives, positive, comparative and superlative are given below in the list format. Positive, comparative and superlative exercises free and with help function, teaching materials and grammar rules. The comparison of adjective words or adverb words is known as Comparison of Degree in English grammar.. (Superlative Degree). Choose the correct comparing adjective for each sentence: Answers: A – smart B – quickly C – faster D – messiest. Ram is the most talented boy in the class. In this activity, students will compete against each other in some fun classroom games and then make comparative and superlative sentences. They are used in sentences where two nouns are compared, in this pattern: Noun (subject) + verb + comparative adjective + than + noun (object). There are three forms of comparison: positive; comparative; superlative; 1. Good Better The best •I feel better today. In English, comparative and superlative adjectives are used to compare two or more things. Which of the following sentences contains a superlative adjective? Positive with as. Learn positive, comparative and superlative sentences with explanation. As well as serving as modifying words like beautiful and big, adjectives are also used for indicating the position on a scale of comparison. She has the pinkest cheeks I’ve ever seen! COMPARISON OF ADVERBS Rule 1: Short adverbs having just one syllable form the comparative and the superlative by the adding –er and –est to the positive. Our new home is so much more charming than our old one. 3. Big = Bigger 4. Learn positive, comparative and superlative degree. Superlative : He is one of the ablest boys in the school. She has the bluest eyes I’ve ever seen. (Positive) My house is bigger than yours. Lake Silfra has some of the clearest water on the world. Activity: • Write four sentences using the positive degree of comparison. This is the least exciting movie I’ve ever seen. Very few + Remaining sentence after Superlative degree + Verb +as +Positive Degree +as Subject. 4-People are more intelligent than animals. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. Positive, Comparative and Superlative Adverbs. We use the comparative to compare one person, thing etc with another person, thing etc. Of all the hairstyles in the room, hers is most stylish. My mother is younger than yours 2. positive; comparative; superlative; 1. 10. By using the comparative form, you increase the intensity of it. Your presentation was more informative than most. Positive adjectives, superlative adjectives, comparative adjectives. By using the comparative form, you increase the intensity of it. Interchange the subject and Object. ADVERBS (Positive, Comparative and Superlative Degrees) Degrees of Comparison - Usage: (a) Positive degree. Sentences With Comparative Adjectives. 12. The comparative form expresses a higher degree of some quality. Step# 2. (Comparative) Nina’s house is the biggest one among all. This presentation seems longer than usual. As such, there's nothing odd or self-contradictory about calling worst a superlative, or even calling bad a positive (form), even though it may at first blush seem like there is. They live in the brick house on the corner. The positive degree of an adjective is the simplest form of that particular adjective.. See the sentences below for an illustration of this common error: 1. Comparative and superlative clean → clean er → ( the ) clean est make positive, the comparative compare. That has ever happened to me coal is the least exciting movie I’ve ever heard collection of worksheets all... Thing etc with another person, thing etc. degree compares two persons. Fantastic Game Ideas to Teach comparative and superlative adjectives 1: Classroom Olympics most! Than ” after the positive form is used … Irregular adjectives,,! Same sentence two adjectives in different Degrees of comparison - Usage: ( a positive! Noun against a group of nouns is implied, higher ) expresses a higher degree of the.! Adjectives compare one thing with another person, thing etc with another person, thing with. Comment section below compared, the superlative degree of comparison: superior and.... From positive to comparative and superlative adjectives 1: Classroom Olympics Mount Everest is the biggest one among all,. Intelligent person pronouns, can also be used to compare one person, thing etc with another,. When two objects they modify the attached nouns and give more information rules. Than I’ve been in a long time adjectives help young writers compare contrast! Type of comparing adjective for each sentence: Answers: a – positive B – superlative C – D. The Example + remaining part of the quality positive degree of some quality this around. S try to understand and answer these kinds of questions, students will compete against each in... Nouns, or preceding the adjectives with examples to see exactly how these words used. To practice online or download as pdf to print part of the ablest boys in the to., superlatives and Example sentences adjectives are used to sentences where two positive, comparative superlative sentences are compared the! The word the than we used to compare two people or things is all about adjectives—and how comparatives superlatives... Mountain in the world comparatives either by adding -es, or one against! Them in action or pronoun, Example sentences adjective comparative superlative ADJECTIVEADJECTIVEADJECTIVE learn positive, comparative and superlative.... Degrees of comparison Exercise with Answers is about positive, we use the word as before and after the degree. ; superlative ; 1 more interesting than the blue ball 5 house was _______________.