You might have a buggy browser extension installed. If you were in a drug-trip what album would you choose? Halcyon Digest, an Album by Deerhunter. Deer Hunter Halcyon Digest Boards of Canada- Music has the right to children Amon Tobin- Supermodified and Permutation Four Tet - There is Love in you Youth Lagoon- The year of hibernation. Wow. It's lazy and precocious, and delivered under Bradford Cox's childlike vocals. Deerhunter's Halcyon Digest turns 10 years old today. All the community rules apply here. Because this is a secondary issue, you can only catalog it in the native format (or writable media). Your computer may be infected with malware or spyware that is making automated requests to our server and causing problems. Underneath all the noise and the delay and reverb pedals, there was soul and strong melodies. The songs are catchy yet they don 't lack the sentimental power the previous ones had. Don't use this space to complain about the average rating, chart position, genre voting, others' reviews or ratings, or errors on the page. The common elements of music are pitch (which governs melody and harmony), rhythm (and its associated concepts tempo, meter, and articulation), dynamics (loudness and softness), and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture (which are sometimes termed the "color" of a musical sound). You could have been banned by mistake. I refer of course not to the content of one of 2010's best-received albums, but instead to the nature of interpretation. Apart from ''Earthquake'' and ''Helicopter'' the other songs have a lo-fi quality. We are hoping to eventually work on a solution for this when we have the resources to do so. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space, Acid Mothers Temple & the Cosmic Inferno - Pink Lady Lemonade - You're From Outer Space, The Olivia Tremor Control - Music From the Unrealized Film Script, The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, The Olivia Tremor Control - Black Foliage Animation Music: Volume One, Acid Mothers Temple & the Melting Paraiso U.F.O. There's not much we can do about this right now; you'll have to turn off your VPN in order to continue using the site. You might be using a VPN. Your IP was not banned by a person; it was banned by a firewall that uses an automated algorithm. A complete mood from start to finish, what an incredible record, mellow, psychedelic, soothing, melodic, atmospheric, melancholic, bittersweet, male vocals, alienation, introspective, lonely, lush, nocturnal, depressive, sentimental, mysterious, sombre, surreal. If so, you'll need to disable it when using this site, as it spams the websites you visit with fake requests. If you don't think that you've Use the boards for extended discussion. Released 28 September 2010 on 4AD (catalog no. Your computer may be infected with malware or spyware that is making automated requests to our server and causing problems. Any spoilers should be placed in spoiler tags as such. Don't use this space to complain about the average rating, chart position, genre voting, others' reviews or ratings, or errors on the page. This site uses third party cookies for analytics and advertising. On first listen it is very very good. (Required), You can request being unbanned by clicking. CAD 3X38CD; CD). Don't get in arguments with people here, or start long discussions. You requested a very large number of pages in a very short time, causing problems for our server (this can happen if you hit 'refresh' over and over). Albums include Halcyon Digest, … I then decide that since they are not completely awful, I should just give them another listen at some point. Be respectful! (Required), You can request being unbanned by clicking. This is forbidden by our terms of service. A style of mixing in a theme of travel by bus at night, both tired and awake, including a slew of unrelated genres that together all … (Required), You can request being unbanned by clicking. Did you install a browser extension (such as Realplayer/Realdownloader) that helps you download YouTube videos or other content? Regardless, the songs are strong, the production is sweet, unique, and creates sort of a minimalist feel to some of the tracks. This cannot be undone. If you are using a VPN, and other users of the same VPN are abusing the service, then you'll be automatically banned as well. done anything to warrant a ban, this is most likely the case. Albums that perfectly summarize your rating system, music you listened to when you were in hardest time. Released in 2010 on 4AD (catalog no. You might have a buggy browser extension installed. done anything to warrant a ban, this is most likely the case. Any spoilers should be placed in spoiler tags as such. Culture, environment, and personality all come together to shape our perception of the world, and so it happens I consider Halcyon Digest to be the definitive summer album, to general bafflement. RYM's 120 Greatest Modern Psychedelic Albums show list info. These themes could have turned boring due to the repetition but instead they strengthen the album.The production on this record is also worth mentioning. I can see how people refer to the album as boring. You might have the Hola VPN extension installed. You could have been banned by mistake. Genres: Neo-Psychedelia, Indie Rock. Use the boards for extended discussion. should be above 4.0 easily. Plus, Bradford Cox's voice sounds a lot like John Lennon's on several of these tracks. It may sound cliche, but Deerhunter were always writing proper pop songs. But on ''Halcyon Digest'' they just let it all shine. Music is an art form and cultural activity whose medium is sound organized in time. You might be using a VPN. What kind of music do u like to do it to? I have been repeating this process in an on again off again manner for a number of years. You can write a review by pressing the "review" button above, or switch to release view to. Don't get in arguments with people here, or start long discussions. I would describe it as calm, surprisingly so If one is expecting rehashes of "Nothing Ever Happened to Me". Halcyon Digest strikes a great balance between psychedelia/ambient sounds and tunefulness; it's the work of a band at its peak. Jokes are fine, but don't post tactless/inappropriate ones. Our automated banning policies are not perfect and sometimes too strict, and some IP addresses are banned by accident. I wasn't all that impressed with Microcastle, but this album has completely changed my opinion of the band. Our automated banning policies are not perfect and sometimes too strict, and some IP addresses are banned by accident. Be respectful! Albums that best describe your personality, Biggest decline in quality between 2 releases, Ask the above user a question about music and / or their tastes, Recommendations of music by (any of) these 25 Artists, Your best modern rock albums of this decade? A list by Carbon_Fields. You requested a very large number of pages in a very short time, causing problems for our server (this can happen if you hit 'refresh' over and over). Halcyon Digest, an Album by Deerhunter. What do you consider the most OVERRATED album of the 2010s? We are hoping to eventually work on a solution for this when we have the resources to do so. It blends cold-war-era melody seamlessly with woozy modern psychedelia. You might be using a VPN. Their way with atmosphere hasn't gone anywhere, as every nook of their musical canvas has … Albums from the last five years with lukewarm/bad reception that will be looked back on as classics, Name an album or single that came out on your birthday. I am a long standing fan of both Atlas Sound and Deerhunterso its good to see a new offering from him/them. First track showed potential, but I'm so fucking tired of all this jangly indie pop shit that everyone and their grandma has been making for the last 20 years. Don't comment just to troll/provoke. Genres: Neo-Psychedelia, Indie Rock. he would have laughed is such a fantastic closer [2]. Don't post randomness/off-topic comments. 2010's, Breakfast album / lunch album / dinner album, Help: albums split in different sections (track transition-wise). Post here when you've had a drastic change of opinion. This company sells your internet traffic to other people, meaning that other people can use your IP address and can break some of the above rules, causing you to be banned from this site. You could have been banned by mistake. You might have the Hola VPN extension installed. You requested a very large number of pages in a very short time, causing problems for our server (this can happen if you hit 'refresh' over and over). Genres: Neo-Psychedelia, Indie Rock. You (or someone with the same IP address as you) might be using a script or program to download pages from this site automatically. Not from within manifesting outwards, but directed at from others. Your computer may be infected with malware or spyware that is making automated requests to our server and causing problems. In fact it sounds as if Deerhunter are playing live in your bedroom. Likewise, don't respond to trollish comments; just report them and ignore them. Released 5 January 2012 on Selecta (catalog no. Step 2 (optional): Enter any other comments/feedback here, Step 3: Enter your email address. Genres: Neo-Psychedelia, Indie Rock, Noise Rock.