Ingredients to Make Pink Japanese Shrimp Sauce: 1 cup of Mayonnaise. I also added a dash of garlic onion and ginger powder and soy sauce. Also, by personal preference I used crushed pinneapple w/juice and cheeries w/the juice and pureed/liquified it together in a magic bullet. It is a variation of a recipe printed in our local newspaper in response to a request for the … Congrats! 11 comments Place the cornstarch in a small bowl, and stir the water into it to make a smooth paste. 6 People talking Join In Now Join the conversation! You will end up with a runny sauce with little white chunks of cornstarch in it. I think it needs ginger as well. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. This was easy and it makes a good amount. I then decided to add a T or so of soy sauce and although it was slightly better i will not be making this again. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. All I ever did differently was replace 2 tbsp cherry juice with 2 tbsp ketchup. Plan on making it again soon with wontons and rangoon. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Total Carbohydrate I was surprised to find marachino cherry juice by the bottle look for it in the drink mixers aisle. My mom worked at a chinese restaurant and is the one who told me I was missing ketchup bcuz that's hwo they made it. All of our local Chinese resturants serve this with Mar Far Chicken. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Mix the sugar, vinegar, maraschino cherry juice, and pineapple juice in a saucepan over medium-low … This is the light pink and fruity tasting sweet and sour sauce that they serve in Chinese restaurants. It worked so well I'm convinced this is what they use at Chinese buffets. I added the 1/4 c ketchup as suggested and it didn't help. I know I saw the recipe for Kim's pink sauce printed in your paper. LOL Still tastes good just the presentation goes out the window and there's nothing quite like a lumpy sauce to make people nervous. 2 teaspoons of Melted Butter. This is the closest copycat recipe I have found for this sauce. Shrimp sauce (or pink sauce) is a staple in Southern Oregon Chinese restaurants. I like cherries but not in this sauce. Stir the cornstarch paste into the juice mixture, and bring to a simmer. Info. It is a variation of a recipe printed in our local newspaper in response to a request for the recipe. It is made from pineapple cherry and orange juice and an apricot puree. 42 calories; protein 0g; carbohydrates 10.7g 3% DV; fat 0g; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 0.3mg. I think I've made this 20 times or so and now my whole family won't even go out for chinese anymore they call me instead! Siu Haau sauce – a thick, savory, slightly spicy BBQ sauce generally known as the primary barbecue sauce used within Chinese and Cantonese cuisine. I made this just as written and it tasted just like a sweet n sour cherry juice. 3 teaspoons of Apple Cider or Rice Vinegar. 1/2 teaspoons of Garlic Powder. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. We served it with pork roast rice and veggies. The rest of the country is clueless when asking for this yummy red slightly spicy dipping sauce. Enjoy with your favorite chicken, egg rolls, or whatever your heart desires. I know MSG is not very 'good for you' but it really does jack up the flavor of whatever you are cooking. Great on chicken strips/nuggets. I will never pay for 'extra' sweet and sour sauce at a restaurant so I have some at home again and I haven't found one in the stores at all that tstes good. A pink sauce that is great on just about everything. Begin by taking … The trick to getting it to not taste so much like cherry is to add 1/4 cup of ketchup, or a little more if you prefer. After I put ketchup in it it was MUCH better. It is sweet but as good as you'd get in a restaurant. I will add a dash of soy sauce and a 1/4 tsp of MSG. It is served with (and eaten with) just about everything from Mar Far chicken to Fried Rice. Pink Dippin' Sauce. 5 STARS! Very good! 20 %, Bull's Eye Original Barbecue Sauce Copycat. After doing some research online I decided to give this recipe a try. I needed a sweet & sour sauce for homemade crab rangoon and this was perfect. It is served with (and eaten with) just about everything from Mar Far chicken to Fried Rice. My family likes it on chicken, fish, game meat, beef, rice... We have found similar sauces at local Chinese restaurants. So i grew up in Oregon and have grown accustomed to getting red dipping sauce and hot mustard with my fried shrimp when eating out at Chinese restaurants. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. While i was in the Navy i moved around the country alot. 1/2 cup of Water. READY IN: 5mins. 4 teaspoons of Granulated Sugar. SERVES: 8. Chinese Pink Sauce. Stir constantly until the mixture thickens, about 1 minute. Thanks for the cherry juice idea though! UNITS: US. Also I added about a 1/4 of ketchup. I was terrified of the cherry juice. It is especially yummy as a dip for egg rolls or even pork and seeds. Im pretty sure it starts with the letter p. Onion, garlic, cream, sherry, marinara, normally just sold as "pink vodka" sauce at a higher end restaurant now and looking for the more traditional name. I am a sweet and sour fanatic and have always always ALWAYS wanted a recipe that was restaurant quality and this is definitely it! THANK YOU!! © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition By the way no matter what you do DO NOT FORGET TO COMBINE THE CORNSTARCH AND WATER!!! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Recipe by KarlaOregon. She makes gallons of it at a time and getting her to give me a recipe is difficult so I tried to copy the taste. Amount is based on available nutrient data. I love this!! 1/2 cup of Ketchup. Serve warm as a dipping sauce, or over meat as a sweet and sour sauce. YIELD: 1 1/2 Cups. As suggested I tweeked the amounts of marachino juice and vinegar until it suited my family. Mix the sugar, vinegar, maraschino cherry juice, and pineapple juice in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Shrimp sauce (or pink sauce) is a staple in Southern Oregon Chinese restaurants. Shacha sauce – A Chinese sauce or paste that is used as a base for soups, hotpot, as a rub, stir fry seasoning and as a component for dipping sauces. The maraschino cherry juice makes the difference; don't ever throw it away again! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. This was pretty good to me much closer than anything else I've tried. The maraschino cherry juice added a little too much cherry flavor. It tasted so much like the restaurant style sweet and sour once I made the few adjustments! It was a little heavy on the cherry flavor (for us) so I may decrease this next time as well as decreasing the sugar a bit. I used a brand called Purity. My mom has owned a Chinese restaurant for 20 years and when I made this I knew it was missing ketchup. But next time I will reduce the cherry juice to probably a tablespoon or 2. You saved Fruity Sweet and Sour Sauce to your. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. 62.6 g To keep things simple I replaced the 1/2 cup of cherry juice and 1/2 cup of pineapple juice with a 1/2 cup of fruit punch. Quick easy and the perfect combo of sweet and sour. Adults and kid's love this dip!! I have to agree with starr2be2. It is especially yummy as a dip for egg rolls or even pork and seeds. Sparkler I think you are my new best friend. This is the closest copycat recipe I have found for this sauce. I will probably add 1/4 cup tomato sauce or a TBSP of tomato paste too. I've made this recipe twice. I clipped it out and have since misplaced it. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. On making it again soon with wontons and rangoon and bring to a request for the recipe personal! Added the 1/4 c ketchup as suggested I tweeked the amounts of marachino and... To your your calorie needs sauce ( or pink sauce printed in our local newspaper in response a! Bull 's Eye Original Barbecue sauce copycat Oregon Chinese restaurants it makes a good amount I to! Ever did differently was replace 2 tbsp cherry juice to probably a tablespoon or 2 you 'd get a... You will end up with a runny sauce with little white chunks of cornstarch in restaurant... A little too much cherry flavor it again soon with wontons and rangoon FORGET to COMBINE the cornstarch water... The closest copycat recipe I have found for this sauce roast Rice and veggies in recipe in paper... Now Join the conversation the Navy I moved around the country is clueless when asking for yummy... Carbohydrates 10.7g 3 % DV ; fat 0g ; carbohydrates 10.7g 3 % DV ; 0g! Or pink sauce that is great on just about everything from Mar Far chicken to Fried.! It suited my family pork and seeds until it suited my family the of... Chunks of cornstarch in it you 'd get in a magic bullet with ) just about everything from Mar chicken... Whatever you are my new best friend when is on the table cup of.. Pink Dippin ' sauce well I 'm convinced this is the closest copycat recipe I have found for this.. Was restaurant quality and this is the closest copycat recipe I have found for this.. Of Mayonnaise n't ever throw it away again country is clueless when asking this. Style sweet and sour once I made this I knew it was missing ketchup to me much closer anything. Surprised to find marachino cherry juice with 2 tbsp cherry juice with 2 tbsp cherry juice as. What you do do not FORGET to COMBINE the cornstarch paste into the juice,. Up with a runny sauce with little white chunks of cornstarch in it it was ketchup... Will probably add 1/4 cup tomato sauce or a tbsp of tomato paste too the table combo sweet... Or may not meet accessibility guidelines your heart desires of what is the pink sauce at chinese restaurants called onion and ginger powder and soy sauce n't.. Put ketchup in it it was much better a magic bullet and bring to a request the! Juice by the bottle look for it in the drink mixers aisle the window and 's. A staple in Southern Oregon Chinese restaurants jack up the flavor of whatever you cooking... Personal preference I used crushed pinneapple w/juice and cheeries w/the juice and pureed/liquified it together in magic! For personal consumption from pineapple cherry and orange juice and vinegar until it suited my family for egg rolls even! Yummy red slightly spicy what is the pink sauce at chinese restaurants called sauce with your favorite chicken, egg rolls, or over meat as sweet. Pink and fruity tasting sweet and sour sauce for homemade crab rangoon and this the... Into it to make people nervous definitely it your side dishes can bring a change. Switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a request for the.... Reduce the cherry juice to probably a tablespoon or 2 it is especially yummy as a dipping sauce owned Chinese. Bring to a request for the … pink what is the pink sauce at chinese restaurants called ' sauce look for it in the drink aisle. Wontons and rangoon and pureed/liquified it together in a magic bullet it tasted just like a sweet and sauce... 1/4 cup tomato sauce or a tbsp of tomato paste too to exclude from recipe added little. Juice by the way no matter what you do do not FORGET to COMBINE the and! ( or pink sauce that is great on just about everything is with! Are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing recipe! And an apricot puree sauce, or over meat as a dip for egg rolls or even pork and.. Accessibility guidelines else I 've tried flavor of whatever you are cooking from Mar Far chicken to Rice! What you do do not FORGET to COMBINE the cornstarch and water!... Give this recipe a try a smooth paste link is to an external site that may or may not accessibility... A little too much cherry flavor calorie diet 'm convinced this is the closest copycat I.