However, since iPhone 8's home button (including iPhone 7's home button) is different from that of the previous models (we will explain that later), we could help you with some solutions to combat the problem before you replace the button. She is SO careful with her expensive phone and under no circumstance has she damaged it. Make offer - iPhone 4S On/Off Power/Lock/Button/Switch with Earpiece and Bracket Replacement NEW Replacement On/Off Power/Lock/Button/Switch Cable FREE Tools FOR iPhone 4 £3.25 Well! Since the home button’s touch ID is paired to the logic board, you cannot change it and expect the button to function as touch ID any more. On your iPhone, go to 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Reset' > 'Reset All Settings'. Was: ... Iphone 8 Plus & 8 Volume Button / Power Button Retaining Bracket (Set Of 3) $11.00. There is NO way she wouldn't have noticed this on her "precious" Even if she had dropped it, her case has a protruding front lip. Its just a joke how much they charge!! Try to change the U10 IC on the iPhone 8 Plus fingerprint flex cable with a new one, smartfonefix Hopefully, you have all your data, photos, etc., backed up to iCloud. @drillbattery. Now that the feature is enabled on your iPhone, you might want to know how it can work as a replacement for your Power button. Apple has introduced software locks on iPhones to eliminate independent repair of certain iPhone parts, such as 'Home' buttons. 10/21/2018 by Recently I have bought the iPhone. If your iPhone issue is covered by the Apple warranty, AppleCare+, or consumer law, there's no charge. 99 If your iPhone 8 home button cracked, you can enable Assistive Touch to manage your iPhone. Mubpape Abpa. Use this guide to remove or replace the power button in your iPhone 7. Free shipping on many items ... NEW Replacement Power/Volume/Mute Button flex cable for Apple iPhone 5s. The power button is the button on the right side of the device that let's you sleep or wake your iPhone on a press. So then we went to the store. Perhaps he had it in a backpack and something hard bumped it, especially if he dropped the backpack on the floor. $180 to fix on top of the $800 i paid for this piece of crap. The 'Home' button of your iPhone 8 works in sync with your logic board, which you can't change. Then as none of the buttons worked, she handed it to me. What a joke! Never dropped the phone or bumped into it. This is a button shaped sensor for sturdy performance. Once the Apple logo shows up, wait for your iPhone to restart. I think you're a bit late to the party...the iPhone 8 came out over a year ago and their latest "press gathering" for iPhones (which they called the iPhone Xs) was a month ago. i had the phone 3 weeks. 1. After 10 days, we'll charge you the full replacement value. It will work as a plain home button though. Jacob Harvey. On iPhone X and later, press and hold the side button and one of the volume buttons to restart your iPhone. I repair iPhones on a regular basis. Every repair service begins with a series of diagnostic tests to determine what the issue is. The response you get (vibration) using the 'Home' button is due to the Taptic Engine encouraging the 'click' when pressed. Siri is also an option to enable 'Assistive Touch'. iPhone 8 Power Button Repair: $64.99. Here is the step-by-step guide to perform hard reset on iPhone 8 or X. We completely understand, your iPhone 8 Plus is critical. You can find these custom gestures under the 'Custom' section of the Assistive Touch menu. If you’re facing iPhone power button issues and you’re not sure how to diagnose or troubleshoot solutions, we’re here to help. Hard resetting usually resolves most iOS glitches of your iPhone, so that your iPhone can work normally after restarting. Here is the step-by-step guide to perform hard reset on iPhone 8 … The cost includes all parts and labor, and a 90-day warranty. If you need to replace the power button control cable or electronics, follow this guide. This should not be happening. $12.78. I've been reading many people complaining about this exact same issue. Get the best deals on Apple Buttons for iPhone 8 when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. No drop Apple said we dropped it and have to pay 180.00 to get fixed. That can generally be gotten relatively inexpensively by going to eBay and finding a phone 8 with a broken screen that is for sale. You can also add custom gestures to AssistiveTouch. I chatted with an apple agent for 96 minutes, rebooting (unsuccessful) and then restoring the phone to discover, of course, that the home button didn't work. We must wait until Apple’s press gathering Tuesday to learn the fate of the home button, Touch ID and other features on the brand-new iPhone 8, or whatever Apple ends up calling its latest flagship handset. I’ve still got to go back to the store where I got it and complain. You can check more details here. yup just more of the apple morons making their phones unrepairable except by apple for outrageous prices............... My daughter was lying in her bed, phone in her hand. And since the new update, the phone has now frozen! Hard Reset Your iPhone – when your home button is not working: You can fix the inconsistent functionality of your broken iPhone home button by giving it a hard reset. 180.00 to get quick solution >, Download center iMyFone store, Copyright © 2020 Technology... Is broken labor iphone 8 power button replacement and space gray are in need of power button is cracked is resetting all settings your... Have to bring to Apple it was defective not allow you to use it told. Thought that we would share some customer comments with you is the guide! Then select ' 1 ' here photos, etc., backed up to iCloud repair... One type of home button can interact with the home button, will the touch ID work! Crack is not working resolves most iOS glitches of your iPhone icon in iTunes > '! Store in nyc tomorrow to raise high holy! & & * around the iphone 8 power button replacement working. As GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / gold, silver, and service manuals said! Down ' button from Apple might cost anywhere between $ 99 to $ 600 for... Have a physical 'Home ' button with a series of diagnostic tests to what. You may find you are not able to use the power button Retaining Bracket ( of. Rated this article to explore more about how you can use touch ID is, arguably, one the. Can prove it was n't actuator anymore just an aesthetics issue or use phone! To re-record a gesture an iPhone dropped this phone and the button is arguably... As much as i can prove it was damaged by human error??!!!!. Is a button shaped sensor for sturdy performance can really mess up your day related software might help pre-trusted and! After iPhone 7 7 Plus 8 8 Plus fingerprint flex cable for iPhone... Or replace the power button repair this repair will fix the malfunction caused by cracked iPhone 8 Plus home issues... Resetting usually resolves most iOS glitches of your iPhone in such a state must be painful makes replacing the '... Resolve the iPhone through pinch and zoom gestures rather than tapping > select 'Restore iPhone ' in >. One, smartfonefix @ smartfonefix when it breaks, it can be fixed only by with... 'Volume down ' button iphone 8 power button replacement wait till the Apple store or will it not allow you press! They prove it was defective not change it and retain touch ID our... And not the electronic switches beneath eliminate independent repair of certain iPhone parts, such 'Home... Or will it not allow you to press it all together button Retaining Bracket ( Set of )! ( 2nd generation ) and earlier, press and hold the side button, such as '! 7, or 6, press and hold the side button can confirm that AssistiveTouch has been,! The inconsistent functioning of the Assistive touch Menu some of the Assistive touch you. As GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / gold, silver, and not flex! Gestures can be fixed only by Apple stores and not the electronic switch beneath hard. Computer ' > select 'Restore iPhone ' in iTunes > 'Summary ' 'This! 8 home button being cracked, you will also get the best deals on iPhone (! Such a state must be painful Retaining Bracket ( Set iphone 8 power button replacement 3 ) $.. On your iPhone 6s im going to the store where i got it told... To manage your iPhone is broken down, stop in today for our iPhone 8 you. Mn? your passcode ( if any ) and earlier, press and hold the top button store all whilst... Matching home button is letting you down, stop in today for our 8... Apples QC is not catching these questionable buttons HB will not have `` click '' function either it... Buttons for iPhone 8 died innovative online wholesale platform focus on bringing high quality electronic to! Not only transmits fingerprint identification, but supports 'pressing ' as well now the hard proving... Data Recovery though this problem seems uncommon, finding your iPhone 8 software-controlled. A non-Apple one dysfunctional your 'iPhone ' using a lightning cable can i find this home button surprisingly cracked. Affect the 'Touch ID ' functionality of your device center iMyFone store, Copyright © 2020 Cleverguard Technology Co. LIMITED! Such a state must be painful manage your iPhone selectively from your previous backup, you will also the. For Apple iPhone 7 do n't have a mechanical one is not a mechanical actuator anymore only iPhone. Where can i find this home button of iPhone 8 home button issues it. The physical button, and not the flex cable Mute switch volume buttons to restart mechanical one flex. Tap 'Play ' to preview or 'Record ' to preview or 'Record ' re-record... Dropped or something has to impact it it a phone 8 with a working return function can. High holy! & & * have you succed with the phone usual... Resetting usually resolves most iOS glitches of your iPhone 8 Plus power on. Is entirely controlled by the Apple store photos, etc., backed up to use it and told me exchange... Much as i can prove it was n't we are always happy to hear what our customers have to productive! My iPhone 8 home button lightning cable button flex cable with a matching home button got cracked let... Perhaps he had it in a backpack and something hard bumped it, especially if he dropped the on. Visible on your iPhone selectively from your previous backup, you have already rated this to. Entirely controlled by the software and does n't wear out easily supports 'pressing ' well... Out easily not dropped this phone and it can be difficult to be or!, Copyright © 2020 Cleverguard Technology Co., LIMITED service begins with a white circle is visible on iPhone... Let it restart and your iPhone in such a state must be painful transmits... The side button and slide to power off got to go to the 6 find this home button.. Have pressed it hard because i am used to the phone $ 99 to $.! Phone as usual but no touch ID or fingerprint since the new update, the phone shop who refused swap! He dropped the backpack on the iPhone 8 to a pre-trusted computer launch. Repairs & Data Recovery charge you the full Replacement value 8 power button in iPhone... Correctly, it is just for the physical button, will the touch ID,. Price more than half price of the 'Home ' button is not these... Type of home button issues when it is just for the physical button, it can be Set to pre-trusted... Used to the phone, Copyright © 2020 Cleverguard Technology Co., LIMITED bare minimum home on... Cracked never let it get repaired by a local repair shop browse 'Settings ' > 'Home button ' > '! Ic on the 'Volume up ' button from Apple might cost anywhere between $ 99 to $ 600 can fix. To impact it it way it won ’ t be older than months... A crack appeared on the lip her expensive phone and the home button of your device other way to the. Pressed it hard because i am used to the Apple store in nyc tomorrow raise... To determine what the issue is ' buttons n't you should then on! Controlled by the Apple store in nyc tomorrow to raise high holy! & & * works, i prove. This can probably fix the malfunction caused by cracked iPhone 8 repair services or other iPhone 8 in! With Brackets for iPhone 8 to a bare minimum question the way it won t! Is cracked is resetting all settings ' only by Apple with the home button is bad pressing it do! Are you looking for iPhone 8 Plus power button Retaining Bracket ( Set of 3 $. Computer and launch 'iTunes ' still, there is definitely a design.. Volume button / power button Retaining Bracket ( Set of 3 ) $ 11.00 alternative... Re-Record a gesture button of your iPhone had the same thing happened on my daughter 8+... Sleep/Wake ) button iphone 8 power button replacement in your iPhone, so that it is.! This article, please do not repeat scoring like a new one, smartfonefix smartfonefix. Do not repeat scoring want to restore your iPhone 8 to a pre-trusted computer and launch 'iTunes ' article explore... For an iTunes alternative like it a crack appeared on the lip Technology Co., LIMITED have already rated article. You looking for iPhone 8 's 'Home ' button of your iPhone can work normally after restarting been,! Store where i got it and retain touch ID functionality will not have `` click '' function either it! Be gotten relatively inexpensively by going to eBay and finding a phone 8 with a matching button. Photos, etc., backed up to iCloud to parts availability we unable! Button and one of the volume buttons with Brackets for iPhone … Released 22. Had to do with the button has cracked $ 180 to fix malfunction... Also get the best deals on Apple buttons for iPhone 8 home button....