(voice) (as Bira Castro), Additional Voices Choose an adventure below and discover your next favorite movie or TV show. He is voiced by Tracy Morgan.

", "Some believe it's not natural! He is also the only protagonist who is an animal that is not an avian character. There is a more old-fashion feel to it, like Disney films and its copycats in the 90s.

Fifteen years later, Blu is a domesticated and intelligent bird that does not fly and lives a comfortable life with bookshop owner Linda. He was shown to able to carry Blu on his back and wear a large fruit hat, as well as being able to run.

However, Luiz is distracted by the festivities of Carnival, eventually somehow finding his way on top of a float, where he dances furiously. Upon arrival, Luiz greets his friends and frenetically starts to dance alongside the birds. ", "It's just a legend, so no one knows if it's true. Luckily he was adopted by a loving owner, Linda (Leslie Mann) as a little girl. Jewel was surprised to find out that Luiz is a bulldog, it's possible she thought he was a bird of some kind, which might explain why she was surprised in the first place. https://rio.fandom.com/wiki/Luiz?oldid=111099, "I don't know how I got up here, but I ain't never comin' down!". Luiz, Nico, and Pedro then warn Blu of the myriad dangers that could lie ahead in the wild. ", "Right, okay, how about if you made souvenirs? Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? Pop-culture references are toned down and there are a few musical numbers which is rare in CGI animated features. Though I do question why ornithologists did not question why they had an injured cockatoo considering the species is native to Australia and New Guinea (but this is a minor issue). Luiz turns out to have next to no ideas on the subject. Little Munchies! ", "The monster's only half the problem!

", "But I have faith in you. (voice), Trapped Bird /

In Rio de Janeiro, baby macaw, Blu, is captured by dealers and smuggled to the USA. During the New Year's Eve celebration, Blu and Jewel ask Rafael to take care of their kids, but they find Rafael celebrating as well, without the kids. Luiz apparently has an uncle who's a poodle, which he stated in a Western Union commercial. But the two characters Pedro the Red-crested Cardinal (will.i.am) and Nico the yellow canary (Jamie Fox) were annoying and pretty stereotypical.Eisenberg gives a typical nerdy performance as his character is book-smart, but not adventurous at all, preferring to be safe with his owner. That's the spot! Looking for something to watch? Filming & Production When it appears the others have gone to Carnival without him, he is dismayed.

Luis Miguel: The Series (TV Series 2018– ) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. Yeah chasin' em is plenty", "They left without me, This is messed up. But without a hero, he loses all purpose and must find new meaning to his life.
He lives in a garage in the Santa Teresa Neighborhood of Rio de Janeiro. ", "But before their great cities faded, they made a great discovery! ", "Hey, that reminds me! Despite his intimidating appearance and tendency to say disturbing comments, he is really just going to smother you with drool. ", "It's this big old rock in the forest above the city that looks like a face with a big head of hair! ", "These birds are too fragile for hugs, but me?

My personal favourites were the double act Kipo (Robin Thicke) and Marcel (Carlos Ponce) who were the dumb henchmen for the poacher and outsmarted by a cockatoo. Nico, Pedro, and Rafael fly with the Spix's Macaw family, but in his last appearance of the film, Luiz, running after them trying to keep up with the birds, ends up being left behind. Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page. Official Sites Release Dates ", "No time to chat - I'm workin' tooth and nail! Despite his intimidating appearance and tendency to say disturbing comments, he is really just going to smother you with drool. When spoken on its own, the word often means Rio de Janeiro, a major city in Brazil. Out of the blue, clumsy Brazilian ornithologist, Tulio, visits Linda and explains that Blu is the last male of his species, and he has a female called Jewel in Rio de Janeiro. The family then takes off, Blu thanking Luiz for the help. He proves that you can't always judge a book by its cover. He invites Linda to bring Blu to Rio so that he and Jewel can save their species. Just like his friend Rafael, Luiz loves Carnival. Lead Linda to it and she can sell it to that bald guy for a million bucks! He is voiced by Tracy Morgan. Barry B. Benson, a bee just graduated from college, is disillusioned at his lone career choice: making honey. Both learn from each other, for Blu that there is a wider world and for Jewel that not all humans are bad. ", "Blu!

If a beach ball lands on the floor, Luiz will run to fetch it, running through all the things in his path. He claims that it is a medical condition.

Jewel said that she hates it when dogs drool on her, and Luiz thought of her as a mean bird. He reacts to Jewel's jibe about his drool by pouting and calling her mean. When Blu, a domesticated macaw from small-town Minnesota, meets the fiercely independent Jewel, he takes off on an adventure to Rio de Janeiro with the bird of his dreams. Claudio Carvalho, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. But little does he know, that things are about to take a turn for the worst.

A freak accident might just help an everyday garden snail achieve his biggest dream: winning the Indy 500. Fifteen years later, Blu is a domesticated and intelligent bird that does not fly and lives a comfortable life with bookshop owner Linda. Technical Specs, See agents for this cast & crew on IMDbPro, films/shows that hold a special place in ma hart, Bookstore Customer / Go! He is also very loyal to and protective of his friends. ", "Watching them up there, makes you want to chase them and bite their heads off, huh? Find this stuff!
Rio or Río may also refer to: Arts, entertainment, and media Fictional characters. Rio or Río is the Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, and Maltese word for "river".

Linda and Tulio look everywhere for Blu, who is chained to Jewel and hidden in a slum. (voice) (as Shanti Cordeiro), Additional Voices Luiz is often seen drooling, but he says it's a medical condition. While they are having dinner, smugglers break into the institute and steal Blu and Jewel to sell them. Rafael explains that he asked Luiz to take care of them. | When a Carnival performer in a crocodile costume accidentally knocked Blu off Luiz's back, the bulldog attacked him, biting on his foam tail. He then attempts to use a table saw to cut through the chain around the Spix's Macaws' feet, using a welding mask he cannot see nor hear through. Luiz taking off the chain in Angry Birds Rio. Flint Lockwood now works at The Live Corp Company for his idol Chester V. But he's forced to leave his post when he learns that his most infamous machine is still operational, and is churning out menacing food-animal hybrids.

Rio is that film and shows that the Fox subsidiary Blue Sky Studios is growing from strength to strength.Blu the Spix's Macaw's (Jesse Eisenberg) early life is tragic, having fledging from his nest too early and been kidnapped by poachers. They have their doubts about Blu being up to the rigors of the expedition. Title: In Rio de Janeiro, baby macaw, Blu, is captured by dealers and smuggled to the USA. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat.