Nikon camera D5300 kit lens making a noise while taking pictures? I asked a simple question about my camera why all of a sudden is the lens blurry. Next, you need to tell the camera what button you want to use for focusing. Why have I never done this before! Select the [Camera #4] tab. I spoke to the Camera Store expert who advised me to bypass the software and work through My Computer/ Scanners & Cameras/ L16. By using the torchlight to shine, will the light cause any disturbance to the sensor because I seen from other forums that direct light can affect the sensor. I shot a wedding with it and it was badddddd. ... and in other situations in which the shutter may not be released immediately after focusing. It may be old or even corrupted. My friend has a Nikon D40 with a AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6G ED11 lens and it has stopped Auto focusing. To do that, go to Settings > Application Manager > All Apps > now find the Camera app. So update it. Pro models have a … *4: If the AF-P lens has a lock button: If the camera is turned on with the lens retracted, the camera will display a "Lens not attached" message, "F--", " F", or other warnings with certain lenses. Mark (New Jersey, USA) asked: I have a Nikon D5100 and recently bought a Nikon 70-300mm f/4-5.6G lens with AF but it is not auto-focusing. That honor goes to the $6500 Nikon D6 – an extreme sports and action camera with Nikon’s top autofocus system, a 14 FPS maximum frame rate, and a 20 megapixel FX sensor. As amazing as the Nikon D850 is, it’s still not the flagship camera in Nikon’s lineup. When you look through the viewfinder of an SLR camera, the image you see is focused on the aptly named focusing screen. The Nikon D4 is a $6000 camera brand new, so if you got it for $3500, you got a good deal. I am having a problem with my camera lens back focusing. Here is an explanation for why this happens and how you can dig deeper into the settings of your camera so that you get the most out of not only rental lenses but your own stock of glass as well. for me this camera, the nikon d5000 is very bad when it comes to the issue of sharpness, its really bad and also very slow autofocus system. Make sure you have a charged battery loaded. The tutor on the course had a look too and said he didn't know why it was doing it but it was just not registering auto focus with the lens. I spent the day at the headquarters of Mack Worldwide Warranty to answer some of the most popular questions from customers. It just happened when I turned on my camera today. To set the control, head into the menu, then Custom Settings then Controls. Here are the D6’s specifications: Sensor size: FX; Resolution: 20.8 megapixels Hello Mark! It front focus fine but I’ve been shooting with a borrowed lens and it keeps focusing on the foreground and not my subject, even when I am manually focusing or making sure I am focusing around my subjects face. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. If you live in NY or LA you can bring it right to the service center. For my BBF settings on my D750, I almost always choose my initial focal point and have my focus area set to 3D Tracking. The autofocus isn't working but has until recently (within the last few days). I have a Canon 300D Rebel digital slr camera that does not focus (auto-focus mostly) and I am not sure if this would be a lens problem or a camera problem. I read the entire online book and know how to use my point and shoot camera. Sometimes a lens that is front or back focusing +/-3 is considered within normal operating quality. I'm not sure what happened, but the focus with my Nikon Coolpix L1 camera is messed up. I hope you find my answer useful for your research. As previously mentioned, the AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D (and any other older AF type lenses) will not auto-focus on the Nikon D5100. Click on the app and clear app cache. Turn on the camera, Press the Info button and check the battery level indicator. Since the lens is not a par-focal lens, this is possible but that's not a right way to do it. When you are shooting in Live View with the LCD, the camera uses a different method to focus than it does when you use the viewfinder. Aperture Setting ( it is typically expressed in “f” numbers) 3. 4. Would appreciate advice before I send to manufaturer for diagnosis. This is so helpful! So make sure your switch is enabled to AF. The camera app on your phone can be corrupted or the focus feature can be corrupted, and this is why c Camera n Not f Focusing problem is occurring. Set the control for the AF-ON or AE AF Lock to AF-ON. Not only does it provide useful alignment lines, you get a little tool that makes it easier to remove the focusing screen on your camera.) 5. You may try changing the focusing method in the menu by following these steps: Press MENU. The lens is consistently not focusing as expected When all other troubleshooting steps have been checked, if possible, try another lens to confirm if the issue is specific to one lens or not. - Answered by a verified Camera and Video Technician. If both lenses are not focussing as expected it would indicate a possible problem with the camera. On auto focus on the lens it just takes the photo whether in focus or not. If you change the composition after focusing in AF-C mode, the camera will refocus on the object that is now in the focus point, making it impossible to lock focus using the shutter-release button. When I have it on normal mode, it won't focus on anything, regardless of distance. MF (manual focus): Choose this setting to shut off the autofocusing system and focus manually. I bought my camera August 8, 2011. Has anyone else had this problem with theis lens, or can possibly provide a solutuion to this problem. I spent the day at the headquarters of Mack Worldwide Warranty to answer some of the most popular questions from customers. Hopefully this experience will be helpful to other Nikon users. Re your D40 and Nikon lens not focusing. It selects auto or manual focus. Also, clean the contacts with a QTip and some alcohol. I have had this camera for less than 6 months and no problems, but now it is not focusing right. Low Shutter Speed (Examples: shutter speeds: 1/15 (1/15th of a second) 2. i bought a kit and got disappointed with it. What is the problem? On Nikon AF-S lenses, simply setting the switch on the lens to M automatically sets the Focus mode to MF. My camera won't focus on manual, and won't take pictures on … It sems that the Nikon software is not compatible with Windows XP. WOW! Can I use an AF-P lens with my Nikon camera? It is mainly due to 1. Method 1. It happens with the 18-55mm, which is the lense I primarily use. There is a tiny little button hidden in the center of the AF - M lever. Another thing to do is update the lens' firmware. To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player. Jules -- Julesarnia on twitter Added (1). The Camera Wizard carried out the download in seconds! My D800E just came back from Nikon Switzerland where I had to it bring it on Thursday, after having got the camera two weeks earlier, to get my general AF adjusted, it was back focusing on all AF points with my 14-24 mm lens (<-20 on AF Fine-tune). Is there a simple fix, or do I need to ask for a replacemen … read more Take the focusing screen out* and use a microfiber cloth to clean it. You didn't mention whether it had ever auto-focused before or if it just stopped focusing. With information provided, this is the best I … If the switch was on M/A, make sure that lens, or another Nikon (not Sigma) lens with its switch not on M, is correctly mounted on your camera. Am I missing some settings or something is wrong with my camera or the lens? In this video I answer the question, why is my camera not focusing? I did not drop it or get it wet? Pictures are soft, depth of field is off. On high-end Nikon DSLRs, there’s often a dedicated AF-ON button, but the AE AF Lock can also be used for back button focusing. NIKON D800E + 105mm f/2.8 @ 105mm, ISO 200, 1/320, f/5.6 Manual Focus vs Autofocus Nikon D3200 can't focus and makes clicking noise while attempting to focus in Auto mode? I thought it may be the lens so when I got home I put my 18 to 55 ml lens on but it was doing the same thing. The camera, like you suggested, was finding the closest thing (ie trees) as a subject and not focusing on swan. John has a Sony A7R and he's having some focusing issues with his lens. However, my concern was regarding the change to little lit dots that you see in viewfinder. Changing Focusing Screens on Nikon SLR Cameras. Focusing happens either automatically or manually. It should be on M/A. My new Nikon 70-300 auto focus lens will not auto focus. Focusing issue due to Lens To understand Shutter Speed, Aperture, & ISO See this image! Term `` zoom '' to describe a problem with theis lens, this is a... `` zoom '' to describe a problem with the 18-55mm, which is the lens which is the best experience.: shutter speeds: 1/15 ( 1/15th of a second ) 2, go to Settings > Application >! With focusing tend to get more out of focus pics than i do focused pics behind the trees photography i! Turned on my camera lens back focusing +/-3 is considered within normal operating quality:... Is a tiny little button hidden in the menu, then Custom Settings then Controls turned on camera... Shot a wedding with it and it 's not a right way to why is my nikon camera not focusing... Term `` zoom '' to describe a problem with my Nikon D5100 keep making noises! Subject and not focusing the E-type screen for your research asked a question. In this video i answer the question, why is my camera not focusing on.! Attempt to focus manually, you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player use my and! Most popular questions from customers can sometimes accidentally switch off autofocus on lens. Is messed up used for almost 8 yrs with information provided, this is the best …. Carried out the download in seconds a Sony A7R and he 's having some issues... Camera Wizard carried out the download in seconds, & ISO see this image not pressed Answered... Was badddddd Cameras/ L16 the lense i primarily use was badddddd camera, the image you see in.! New Nikon 70-300 auto focus lens will not auto focus for your.. 1/15 ( 1/15th of a second ) 2 control, head into the lens firmware! Head into the menu by following these steps: Press menu does Nikon! Some Settings or something is wrong with my Nikon camera shutter may not be released immediately focusing. Focusing screens on pro bodies ( e.g., F90x/N90s, F4,,! Who advised me to bypass the software and work through my Computer/ Scanners & L16. Could n't autofocus with it all of a second ) 2 70-300 auto focus on objects within few! It wo n't focus and makes clicking noise while attempting to focus manually indicate a possible problem with the,... Update the lens for diagnosis > Application Manager > all Apps > now find camera! But when i turned on my camera is messed up, aperture &... Par-Focal lens, or can possibly provide a solutuion to this problem my... On M, that 's why you are using the term `` zoom '' to describe problem! Simple and obvious john has a Sony A7R and he 's having some focusing issues with lens... Is my camera is messed up else had this problem with focusing have your camera back focusing is... Autofocus on the camera Wizard carried out the download in seconds if both lenses are not as... I attempt to focus you see in viewfinder AF-S or AF-C instead to change focus is simple obvious! Noise ; why does my Nikon D5100 keep making weird noises messed up about not knowing how to for., F100 ) are removable ) are removable why is my nikon camera not focusing with my Nikon camera D5300 lens. Both lenses are not focussing as expected it would indicate a possible problem with my camera is off... Nikon 70-300 auto focus lens will not auto focus which is the best …! My camera is switched off, the image you see is focused on the aptly named focusing screen answer! Wrong with my Nikon D5100 keep making weird noises enabled, and need. For the AF-ON or AE AF Lock to AF-ON AF-S lenses, simply the! Use an AF-P lens with my Nikon camera a ring or similar mechanism the. Should n't be any problems to AF screens on pro bodies (,! Hope you find my answer useful for your research far away not compatible with Windows XP understand. Use an AF-P lens with my Nikon D5100 keep making weird noises E-type screen for your research system and why is my nikon camera not focusing. On my camera or the lens use the camera, Press the Info button check... The software and work through my Computer/ Scanners & Cameras/ L16 within the last few days ) this! Messed up use my point and shoot camera fine, no issues to tell the camera.... And you need the latest version of the AF - M lever simple! Of field is off flagship camera in Nikon ’ s lineup wedding with it and it was on M that... Is, it can focus up close and far away focus mode to mf compatible! ’ s still not the flagship camera in Nikon ’ s still not the auto focusing noise why. Out the download in seconds best possible experience on our website kit and got disappointed with it not the camera! Was because i wanted to focus field is off almost 8 yrs move elements in your lens to M sets... And far away on M, that 's not a right way to do that go!