The feel of a musical instrument is how a musician delivers their uniqueness which is why the CP88 features keyboard action designed with knowledge informed by over 100 years of acoustic piano-making experience for professionals who demand the best to provide piano players with the action they need for maximum expression. All in all, for the price and performace, Yamaha CP88 is a better recommendation as it’s more affordable yet fully equipped with amazing features and it’s compact to carry around. Similar to Yamaha CP88, the Nord Piano 4 provides keyboard sound that’s designed to emulate how real grand pianos feel with exclusive Virtual Hammer Action Technology. yadda yadda you know the deal blah blah gear. should I pull the trigger and get the Nord Piano 4 like I'd planned, or is the Yamaha CP 88 something to consider? This allows for smoother repetitions as the tone is not completely dulled in between the strokes, similar to the fluent transitions possible on a grand piano. ... Nord Stage 3 Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 4. But I haven't tried the NP4. I’ve read about Nord stage 3, Yamaha CP88 And Roland-2000. Thanks so much. NLA1, NL3, NS3, Prophet Rev2, stack of Elektron, some Moogs, s*** to record with, etc. The Yamaha will bore you to death with its synthetic samples. We are not affiliated with Clavia! There are also master effects with delay, reverb and master EQ with dedicated controls for easy, real-time tweaking. So the keyboard i want needs to fulfill several functions: 1) A keyboard for rehearsals and occasional gigs (about 10 a year, not gigging as a main source of income. The action, with very nice textured surface, and sounds work together to create a very reasonable likeness of a real grand piano. The Nord Piano 4 also includes brilliant new performance features like Seamless Transitions, dedicated Piano Filters and Split Point Crossfades delivering a live focused keyboard with exceptional piano feel. Finally, a third sensor allows the sound production to sound like grand piano with key repetition where notes can be rearticulated without a complete release. Top. })(); - 88 Natural Wood keys with Synthetic Ebony and Ivory Key Tops and Graded Hammer (GH3) Action, - Three premium grand pianos, two upright pianos and five electric pianos, - Master delay, reverb and EQ effects with dedicated realtime controls, - Seamless Sound Switching: change sounds while holding notes without sound cutoff, - 88-note Triple Sensor key bed with grand weighted action for authentic Piano touch and feel; Nord Virtual Hammer Action Technology enables you to produce a new note without lifting the key completely for smoother repetitions, - Seamless transitions when changing sounds or programs while playing; Layer and Split with Split Point crossfades, - Enhanced Organize Mode includes Copy/Paste and Move functionality for quickly arranging your Programs to your desired order; Page View lets you easily sort pages as a song list. Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests. The CP88’s control interface allows real-time interaction for instant sound creation. Design is key when we’re talking about stage pianos. and of course a 7and 9 foot grand Sound. Both cases feature wheels and have zippered compartments for storing pedals and accessories. Using the triple sensors, Nord Piano 4 has keys that can still detect repeated keypresses even without fully return to their original positions, which means that fast licks are easy to play and the keys are able to detect each keypress without issue. Two companies are widely popular for their electronic piano, they are Yamaha and Nord. Now Yamaha's new CP88 has been announced. This award-winning stage piano has now won its fifth design award, following the Good Design Award (2019), Asia Design Prize Silver Award (2019), iF Design Award (2020), and Red Dot Design Award (2020). Much lik… CP88 weighs just 18.6 kg (41 pounds) CP88 have optional soft cases available. The Nord Piano 4 has dedicated knobs and buttons for all essential functions required in a live performance situation, with 3 dynamic curves are available to suit your playing style, from soft to hard and setting up a split point or creating a layered sound can be accomplished in seconds. VCM (virtual circuitry modeling) effects virtual circuitry modeling re-creates the sound and behavior of vintage effects and high-end studio signal processors by modeling the circuits down to the original analog component level. The Triple Pedal also enables our Pedal Noise feature that dynamically simulates the mechanical sounds of lifting and releasing the damper mechanism and with a Soft Release-mode, Nord Piano 4 adds a slightly longer release, more suitable for legato playing, emulating a looser damper tension in an acoustic or an electromechanical instrument. Yes, there are other options to consider - the likes of Korg’s GrandStage 88 or Roland’s RD-2000 - … Good afternoon: 1st post, I hope I don't mess up. The Nord Stage 2 was released 8 full years ago and alongside its successor, the Stage 2 EX, it has become a favorite among performing … Yamaha CP88 offers 4-zone MIDI controller function, pitch and mod controls, more split/layer flexibility with better layout consist of 3 individual sound zones with dedicated effect knobs and more instant patch recall buttons. Thomas. Nord Stage 3 HA88 ¦ Roland RD-64 ¦ Nord Stage 2 EX 76 ¦ Yamaha CP4 ¦ Nord Piano 2HP ¦ Kurzweil Artis ¦ Kurzweil SP4-8 ¦ Roland HP507 ¦ Technics P30, Should I get the Nord Piano 4 or is the CP88 a contender, Re: Should I get the Nord Piano 4 or is the CP88 a contender. With $500 price difference, Yamaha CP88 is the more affordable options compared to high price of Nord Piano 4. _Hasync.push(['Histats.fasi', '1']); Yamaha CP88 vs Clavia Nord Piano 4. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS IN THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC.